Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, August 6, 2012

CPC14 Pretty Cards

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Saturday, I went to a family fest in Maple Grove with my daughter, Katy and my grandson, Cohen and then I went to their house and helped Katy with some last minute baby shower preparations for the shower she was giving for her friend Jenny.  We took my mother-in-law and her friend to a polka mass in Isanti, MN on Sunday.  My sister-in-law, Donna and her family live there.  The church had a festival too so we ate and played bingo.  Then my sister came to visit for a while and returned some stamps that I had given her.  It seems that we all are downsizing these days.  Unfortunately, I went through those she returned and returned a few to my shelf.  Only a few though.  I still have plenty to sell off.  They are still great stamps I just can't keep all of them if I want new.  I do like new. There are so many beautiful stamps out there.  Then my daughter, Jennifer stopped by and needed some sympathy cards.  Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time this weekend to work on cards.  Well I did manage to make a few.  The one that I am showing today is for a challenge on CraftProjectCentral. CPC14 Creating Pretty Cards provided a sketch

And here is my interpretation.  Since I am a flower person I decided to go into my stash of stamps and found a wonderful Stampin Up set called Punch Potpourri.  I used two of the new in-colors from Stampin Up called Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.  I stamped the flowers in Raspberry Ripple and punched them out.  I then punched out three 1 3/4 inch circles in the Raspberry Ripple.  I used the Primrose Petals as a mat and some of the Primrose Petals ribbon.  I also stamped on Very Vanilla the sentiment from another Stampin Up set called You're a Gem.  I added some of the tiny pearls to finish it off.




I do have to say that this is a very Pretty card and I am very proud of it. Enjoy my interpretation of the card and have a great day.



Pam

2 comments:

  1. Pam, this is a beautiful card! I love your color combination and the sweet, delicate little flowers. Thanks so much for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge over at Craft Project Central!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - and I have just become a follower of your blog. Thanks for taking the time to come visit me and following me too:-)

    ReplyDelete