Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday, August 31, 2012

Nothing exciting today.  Our youngest grandson, Cohen, was visiting us today.  He is 19 months old and a real whirling dervish.  He is so funny and definitely makes us laugh.

Well I did come up with a new card for the Reason to Smile stamp set and I am hoping you like it.  I sure did.  Sometimes I amaze myself LOL.


I used the solid flower from the set and stamped it on white card stock using Stampin Up Basic Black. This is one of the new ink pads and if you use it be sure that you let the ink dry well.  It takes a little longer to dry and it will smudge if it is not dry.  I then took a scrap of black ribbon and bound it around the lower 1/3 of the white card stock and then adhered the white cardstock to a designer paper from a 6x6 paper pad called Victoria Gardens by Echo Park Paper Co.  I then mounted the entire thing onto white card stock.  And for just a little color, I added a punched Red Rose flower oval.  Actually I made 3 yesterday because I had something else in mind when I started but then changed my mind and so I had one to use on today's card.  Like I said some days I amaze myself.

Remember you need to leave a comment about any of the cards this week to be entered into a drawing for a Reason to Smile stamp set.  I will even send you a new set and not the one that I have been using.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend.

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam - another wonderful card - I like the effect on this one and that backing paper is fabulous. Have a great weekend. Karon

    ReplyDelete