Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SNSSC10 Thursday August 2, 2012

While going through my emails of which most are stamping blogs, I came across a challenge from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  The challenge was to make a card from a sketch they posted (if you are interested in the challenge, go to their blog) and also using their stamps.  Well since I am trying to figure out a Christmas card I decided to make christmas cards from the sketch.  I ended up with two cards but I am unsure which I should use for the challenge.  Well, the rules don't say that I can't enter more than one but I guess I like the ornament one best of the two.  Here is the card that I made using Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set #418.  This set is great because not only does it have Spellbinder Nestibilities Dies that can cut out the ornament images, but it comes with many, many sentiments for the holidays.


I decided to use a non-traditional color for christmas with the blue.  After stamping and cutting out the ornaments, I took my Sakura clear star pen and high lighted the ornaments and the sentiment.  I used dimensionals to pop up each ornament and silver wire to hang the ornaments from.  The card was easy and quick to make so it would be a real Christmas card contender for me.



I also created this second card from the sketch.  Actually it probably mirrors the sketch more than the first card.  I took  and made my card base from ivory card stock.  I then added a green mat.  I had some designer holiday paper that was double sided.  I turned the ornament side over and found a two-toned red circle paper so I cut two strips of designer paper and one red.  I also made 3 buttons with acrylic caps and the paper I used for the strips.  I then placed the strips on the green mat and the buttons at the bottom of each strip.  I used the same Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set 418 for the sentiment which I stamped on the ivory card stock in black and then backed it with red and mounted it on the bottom of the card. 

I like both cards.  I think they both turned out very well.  They were both easy to make and I completed them both quickly.  Since I sent out over 100 cards last year, I better get a move on. Decisions, decisions.

As a side note I have been told that some folks have not been able to "Join this Site"  If you are having difficuly drop me an email at pjselinski@comcast.net and I will add your name to the contest.  I checked this out today and it is working so I would have to address each problem individually.  Remember, the contest ends Friday, August 3 at 8pm CST.  I may have said Thursday on one post but it is Friday. 

Until Friday have a wonderful Thursday.

                                                   Pam 


www.sparklensprinkle.com if you are interested in the stamps and or Nestibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment