Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hi there!  Well it is that time of year when school is starting and along with that the leaves are changing color and starting to fall.  Next month is Halloween so I decided to start making up some fall cards including Halloween.  But before that, I made another gift card holder but for a baby.  I just want to show you that you can make the same design but with different paper and embellishments you get a different look entirely.

There is no glitz to this card.   I used buttons that are plain and simple and of course the paper I used is definitely not sophisticated but it is very cute.  

And now for the first of many Halloween cards. 
The stamp I used is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Inc.  I love the cats in this card, they are just waiting to get in trouble.  After I stamped, I colored the moon, then masked it so that I could brush on grey and purple ink all over the white card stock.  I then used small crystals for their eyes.  I mounted the entire thing on grey card stock.  This card was one dimensional so that made it fast and easy to do.  Using a large stamp can afford you the ability to complete cards quickly and then you can have fun with the embellishments.


Pam

1 comment:

  1. I love the baby gift card - what a lovely paper.
    Your Halloween card is awesome - love those cats and their eyes! TFS

    ReplyDelete