Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Well I am back from my wonderful cruise and my company has returned to the cold weather of Minnesota.  The cruise was awesome.  We stopped at Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Labadi, Haiti.  We danced nearly every night to Rocky and the Rollers.  A tremendous group of musicians. 

 Night one was a casual night in the dining room and everyone wore their Rocky and the Rollers T-shirts. 
 
Another bit of news, it is my grandson, Cohen's 2nd birthday today.  In the picture above, Cohen is getting ready to watch his Poppa Randy and the band that he plays with.  Cohen also likes to play Poppa's drums but his Aunt Jenny got him his own mini set for Christmas.  He sure is growing fast.  I really want to thank my daughter, Katy for putting the video on my facebook page.  I didn't want it to end.  I also want to thank my daughter, Jenny for telling me about the birthday party.  Blake helped Cohen eat his cake and then Cohen and Jenny played hide and seek with Brandon looking for them.

Well enough about family.  I decided that today was the day to start my own cards.  I have several birthdays coming up so I wanted to get started on them.  I do like to make one of a kind cards so that ends up causing a little stress of coming up with something different all the time.  Today I came up with this Rock and Roll birthday card. 
 

I knew I wanted to use the embossing folder that looks like tire tread.  I wanted it in silver though so it looked sort of like the metal on some toolboxes.  I didn't have any silver paper so instead I took a light weight piece of greyish cardboard and sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist.  After it was dry and run through the cuddlebug I got the exact look I wanted.  I then embossed a sheet of black with the striped embossing folder and mounted the sprayed rectangle onto the black.  I them mounted the black onto a white card base.  I found an acrylic stamp of a winged skull and stamped it in black and cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment on white and then mounted that onto a red banner.  I wanted to add a little color so that is why the banner.

Hope you like it.  Have a great day and I will have a new card on Monday.

                                                      Pam

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your cruise and that you had a fab time dancing. Such a great card, love the embossing and using your mist to get the paper you wanted! TFS

    ReplyDelete