Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hi Everyone

Well it has been a really long time and I apologize for neglecting my blog.  I really cannot explain but I hopefully will have the time this summer to get back into the swing of things and keep up with my blog.  I have been making cards and I have a photos for many of them.  I just have to sort out the ones that I created on my own from the ideas of other people.  I want to make sure that I give credit where credit is due.

My first card is one that I CASd from Stampin Up demonstrator Jackie Walker using the Zoo Review
Stamp set.





  I used a Kraft card base with black and orange rectangles.  I stamped the lion using starfruit and the grass with grass green and old olive.  I added orange brads at the top.  I like the earthy colors and the peacefulness of the lion.   I great masculine card.


My next card was a new technique I tried.  I seen the technique on a web site called Inchie Art.  I started with a 3" matboard square made by Inchie Arts.  I then used a product called Eclipse Printable Sheets that have a lightly sticky adhesive.  I cut a 3" square of the Eclipse sheet and adhered it to the mat board. Using Spellbinders Shapeabilities die D-lites Medallion One  I ran everything through the Big Shot.  I then removed the background and lines of the Eclipse paper.  I then sponged the square with passion pink ink and calypso coral ink.  I matted the mat board square onto a square of calypso coral cardstock and then that square on to ivory cardstock and it all went on a melon mambo card base.  I then needed a little bling.  I used clear Stickles and covered all the lines of the medallion and added an orange crystal the the center.  The picture doesn't do this card justice.  I think a more solid die might work out easier but this was a lot of fun to do and it is very pretty.



My third project this week, yes all three were done this week, was to create a gift box.  I made three so that my three grandsons could present their moms with a small gift for Mother's day.  I used  card stock in an orange, lavender and pink and created the box.  I then took white card stock and stamped flowers from the mixed bunch stamp set from Stampin Up with versamark ink, took clear embossing powder and then heated it so that I achieved a glossy white look on the paper.  The using the matching punch I punched out the three flowers.  I used summer smooches brads from stamping up for the flower center.  I used the build a bird punch and punched out the birds wing and the branch in green.  I used the bird's wings on  two of the flowers and the branch on one for the leaves.  A fun quick project and my grandson's will have a pretty box to give mom their little gift.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there and have a great rest of the weekend.  Now I do promise to post something on Monday.

                                                                      All my Best

                                     Pam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam - good to see you:-) Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow. I love these latest creations. The lion one is fabulous - love it. The medallion one is gorgeous and I love love those fabulous gift boxes:-) Have a great week. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete