Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 14, 2013 Serene birds

Hi everyone,  I want to thank those of you that leave me nice comments.  It is for you that I make my cards.  Of course I make the cards at least the day before but sometimes I make them weeks ahead of time.  This particular card I made Monday evening while waiting for my husband to come home from golfing.  I really love this card because of the colors and of course the stamps.




  I started out with an ivory card base.  I then dry embossed a rectangle of tan with Stampin Up's Chevron Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card base.  I took a scrap of red card stock and used Stampin Up dies Framelits Label Collection and used the 3rd of 6 dies.  I stamped my focal image using Stampin Up Serene Silhouettes.  I used crumb cake ink and used copic marker strong red to color the birds.  I die cut this image using the 2nd of the 6 Label Collection die.  I recently purchased a set of banner dies from Obsession Impressions and so I cut out the largest image and using Stampin Up stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment.  I found these cute metal leaves that had a loop on the top and thought that would look really cute on this card and I found a small brad and attached the sentiment flag. 

The more I look at this card the more I love it.  It is really reflective of me. Not that I am serene or anything but sure would like to be but the colors and I do love birds. 

                                               Have a wonderful day

                                        Pam

1 comment:

  1. I adore that stamp!!! Fabulous card, wonderful embossed background! Love those metal leaves. TFS

    ReplyDelete